The subconscious mind is the most popular scientific trend, especially in the field of advertising, for it is the essence of all creativity and its direct and strong influence over advertising to the mind of consumers and purchasing decisions. All imagination and creativity stems from the subconscious mind. Thus, imagination and surrealism are the components of creativity and a method of programming the subconscious. All of the mentioned terms represent integrated rings that are inseparable from the entity that is the “subconscious mind”, it is the source and the recipient of the impact and programming. If the programming is properly implemented via imagination and surrealism along with other catalytic methods such as repetition, suggestion, pictures and emotion. All these methods will in turn attract the attention and form the mental image of the advertising messages in the mind of the consumers. Problem: The research problem can be summarized in the following questions: Are there any rules for the programming of the subconscious? Is the subconscious associated with the psychological functions and psychological stages experienced by the consumer in advertising? Do psychological functions and stages of psychological impact play a role in influencing the purchasing response? Objectives: to study the psychological functions and psychological impact stages of advertising communication, to ensure the success of any advertising campaign and to achieve a higher purchasing response through the knowledge and study of the extent of the subconscious connection to the stages of psychological impact of advertising communication. Results: The conscious mind represents 10% of the mind's activities, while the subconscious represents the other 90%. The subconscious mind can be programmed through rules and methods that relies upon imagination and repetition. The subconscious broke through imagination and surrealism in art until it reached advertising and the unbridled the advertising fantasia in all the styles that are associated with it. All the creative innovations in advertising stems from the subconscious mind. The subconscious mind is linked to the stages of psychic influence of the advertising communication that the consumer undergoes. The methods of the subconscious influence on the mind of the consumer reinforce the transition of the stages from one stage to the other with greater success. Both the subconscious mind and the stages of psychological effect are in conformity with the same goal, which is achieving the targeted purchasing response.
Moselhy, Ebtsam Mustafa; Al Gabry, Atiat Baiomy; Al Saied, Rasha Mahmoud; and Art and Design article
"Psychological Functions of Advertising Communication, and Their Relevance to The Subconscious Mind in Influencing the Purchasing Response,"
International Design Journal: Vol. 9
, Article 32.
Available at: https://digitalcommons.aaru.edu.jo/faa-design/vol9/iss1/32