Bee rangeland Plants are the basis of beekeeping. The success of bee projects depends on the availability and variety range of species whose flowers contain nectar and pollen grains that are used in bee feeding. The aim of this study is to compare and determine the type of food for most of the plant species that are fed by the bees in Wadi Shahouh. In addition, to finding out the reasons of rangelands environmental degradation of the rangeland plants in the survey samples.The plant survey was carried out during the period from February to March 2017 by using regular sampling. In Wadi Shahouh, the results indicate that the wild range plants are more widespread, reached 78.5%, while the wild range plants in the area cultivated with wells water reached 14.3%, While 7.2% found in flood plains.The results showed that 87.5% of plants are visited by bees to collect nectar and pollen together at Wadi Shahouh, The remaining 12.5% of plants are visited by bees to collect nectar only. The results showed that the highest rate of plant degradation and desertification in the survey samples in Wadi Hadhramout was due to the fuelwood collection and expanding buildings. The results showed that the phenomenons of degradation, desertification of the vegetation in the survey samples in Wadi Shahouh was due to the fuel collection, expanding buildings, general drought, the overgrazing, insect infections, soil erosion and overcutting
Bacwud, Salem Saeed; Khanbash, Mohammed Saeed; Bataher, Ahmed Salem; and Hashleh, Amen Abdelqader
"Ecological Study on Bee Rangeland Plants in Wadi Shabouh, Hadhramout Governorate, Republic of Yemen,"
Hadhramout University Journal of Natural & Applied Sciences: Vol. 17
, Article 7.
Available at: https://digitalcommons.aaru.edu.jo/huj_nas/vol17/iss1/7