This study aimed at identifying and investigating the level of the reflective thinking for the talented students in AlRass Governorate and the relation of that thinking with self-esteem. The sample of this study is composed of (85) students, including (45) males, and (40) females. For purposes of this study, the reflective thinking scale for Kember et al (2000) was used. The researcher translated it into Arabic and adapted the scale to suit the Saudi environment. Similarly, the self-esteem scale of Bruss Hair has been translated and adapted to suit the Saudi environment by Dhidan (2005). The results of this study revealed the following:
- There is a positive relationship between reflective thinking and self esteem.
- High level of reflective thinking for the talented students at all fields and at the total grade.
- There are statistically significant differences at level of significance ≥ (0.05) (α) for the talented students at degrees of the reflective thinking scale due to gender, and the differences were in favor of males.
- There is a high level of self-esteem for the talented students at the total level (scale), and the field related to the school self-esteem gets the first degree.
- There are statistically significant differences at level of significance ≥ (0.05) (α) for the talented students at both fields of companion self-esteem and full self-esteem due to the gender, and the differences were in favor of males. Key Words: reflective thinking, self-esteem, talented.
الرشيدي, فاطمه سحاب
"مستوى التفكير التأملي لدى الطلبة الموهوبين في المرحلة المتوسطة في محافظة القصيم وعلاقته بتقدير الذات,"
Hebron University Research Journal-B (Humanities) - (مجلة جامعة الخليل للبحوث- ب (العلوم الانسانيه: Vol. 10
, Article 10.
Available at: https://digitalcommons.aaru.edu.jo/hujr_b/vol10/iss1/10