Hypertension and heart failure is a chronic disease which is rapidly growing public health problem worldwide, especially in low and middle income country including Ethiopia. A hospital-based retrospective cohort study conducted on 100 regular follow-up of diabetes patients whose age 18 and above years since September 11, 2018 to October 11, 2021. Multivariate multilevel model were used to identify the risk factors of hypertension and heart failure. In this study out of 861 diabetes patients’, 52.7% lived in rural areas and 57.6% of diabetes patient were male. A 45.8% variation of pulse rate, systolic and diastolic pressure was between patient level and the remaining 54.2% of variation existing within patients. The pulse rate, diastolic and systolic blood pressures were correlated and the data follow multivariate normal distribution with p-value equal to 0.708. Multilevel model of time variant and invariant with random intercept were better fit to the data. In conclusion gender, residence, level of glucose, hypertension status, weight, fasting blood sugar, complication status, and type of complication happening were significantly associated with multivariate responses of pulse rate, systolic and diastolic blood pressures at 5% level of significance. A particular emphasis should be placed on prevention by introducing lifestyle medications and creating awareness
Digital Object Identifier (DOI)
Wesenu Demissie, Million; Kebede Gebre, Kindu; Abebe Getahun, Habtamu; and Legesse Sisay, Assefa
"Multivariate Model on Longitudinal Data Analysis for Hypertension and Heart Failure of Diabetes Patients:A Case of Jimma University Specialized Hospital, Jimma, Ethiopia,"
Journal of Statistics Applications & Probability: Vol. 12:
3, Article 5.
Available at: https://digitalcommons.aaru.edu.jo/jsap/vol12/iss3/5