The study aimed at uncovering the relationship between talent management strategies and the competitive advantage together with revealing the extent to which these strategies affected the process of creating the competitive advantage at the Palestinian universities. The study followed the descriptive analytical approach, which used the questionnaire as a tool for data gathering. The population of the study included all the 206 employees in the supervising positions of both the administrative and academic staff in the largest Palestinian universities in the Gaza Strip, the sample of which was 166. The study concluded that there was a relationship between all the talent management strategies and creating competitive advantage. However, only the training and education strategy had a statistically significant effect on creating competitive advantage, where the correlation coefficient reached (0.456), while the adjusted coefficient reached (0.208). This meant that (20.8%) of the change in the competitive advantage was attributed to the influence of the independent variable (education and training strategy) and the rest (79.2%) was attributed to other factors that affect the dependent variable (competitive advantage). On the other hand, the other strategies had no significant effect.
The study recommended that universities should to invest in boosting human talents through motivating and maintaining them and allocating budgets. The study further recommended developing quality programs, which support and empower talented people and develop their abilities according to strategies that are compatible with the nature and requirements of the labor market.
Alsayed, Alaedin K. and Al-Jadi, Firas
"Talent Management Strategies and their Role in Creating Competitive Advantage at Palestinian Universities,"
Journal of the Arab American University مجلة الجامعة العربية الامريكية للبحوث: Vol. 7:
2, Article 10.
Available at: https://digitalcommons.aaru.edu.jo/aaup/vol7/iss2/10