About Future Engineering Journal
Future Engineering Journal (FEJ) is an International Journal, blind peer-reviewed, interdisciplinary, and fully refereed international scientific journal that aims to provide academia and industry with a venue for publication of research papers reporting innovative methods and applications to achieve a major breakthrough, practical improvements, and bold new research directions within a wide range of engineering and design disciplines.
Types of Articles and Special Issues:
The FEJ publishes high-quality, original research papers (including state-of-the-art reviews), brief papers, and letters in all theoretical and applied areas in Engineering, Architecture and Planning. Special issues will be dedicated to addressing special interest themes in different disciplines, such as sustainability, environmental considerations, new materials, e-learning, or special conference proceedings, and so forth.
The Journal considers unpublished original articles of the following types for publications:
- Original technical articles describing original research work or novel development.
- Review Articles presenting comprehensive study of already existing findings.
- Comments: A short article that introduces comments on another article/s already published by this or other Journals or replies to the comments
- Selected conference articles: Upon agreement with related associations and foundations, selected papers may be published by FEJ (either as a special issue or as a special section in the Journal) after being peer reviewed.
FEJ is intended to cover all Engineering, Architecture and Planning fields including but not limited to:
- Architecture and Engineering e-education and e-learning
- Design Methods, innovation and creativity
- Cognitive Sciences integration with Architecture and Engineering
- Design Decision Support Systems
- Virtual Design studio applications
- Digital Design Generation, Optimization, Simulation and Representation
- Parametric Design
- Scripting, Algorithms and Generative Design
- Digital Fabrication
- Physical Computing and Human Computer Interface, HCI
- Artificial Intelligence
- Knowledge-Based systems
- Neural Network applications
- Neurosciences integration with Architecture and Engineering
- Smart and Intelligent Materials, Buildings and Structures
- BMS, Building Management Systems
- Responsive and Interactive Environments
- Nano-Technology applications
- Computer Mediated Collaborative Design
- Mixed Reality applications, and Synthetic Environments
- Building and Construction Management
- Robotics in Architecture and Engineering
- Digital Applications in Archaeology and Cultural Heritage
- Documentation, Restoration and Up-Grading of Historical Sites
- BIM Applications, Building Information Modeling
- GIS Applications, Geographical Information Systems
- New and Renewable Energy, Sustainable Building Technology Applications
- Environmental and Behavioral Studies
The Journal's purpose is to improve communications between, and within, the academic and other research communities, developers, policymakers and operational decision makers.
FEJ fills a unique niche among engineering publications of its type by publishing articles that strike a balance between the academic and the applied fields, recognizing the intricate relationships between many areas of engineering activities.